Exploring opportunities for creating meaningful employment (Calgary FMS Series)
Inclusion Alberta’s Darrell Cook Family Managed Supports Resource Centre presents:
Exploring opportunities for creating meaningful employment
When: Saturday, May 11 2024. 10am-3pm.
Where: Inglewood Community Association Hall (1740 24 Ave SE, Calgary, AB)
To Register: Register online here or contact Kate at 403-539-5869 or email@example.com
Employment plays a crucial role in most people’s lives, as it provides a sense of purpose, meaning, and income. In this event, we will discuss how families, networks, and support staff of the FMS or FSCD can work together to promote job opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities. We will offer practical advice on how to utilize the resources provided by FMS or FSCD to create employment prospects and ensure successful on-the-job support.
The session will cover:
- Tapping into a network for possibilities
- Approaching potential employers
- Creating employment possibilities based on the interests of the individual
- Strategies for families and staff to ensure success in the workplace
- Facilitating natural supports in the workplace
Families and FMS staff are encouraged to attend.
Lunch is provided.
Workshop Presenter: Madeline Ouellette – Provincial Director, Employment Initiatives