Inclusion Alberta’s Provincial Election Candidate’s Forum (virtual)
Join us May 9th for a virtual candidates forum on disability-related election issues
Inclusion Alberta will hold a virtual Provincial Election Forum on May 9, 2023, from 7pm – 9pm. Candidates have confirmed their attendance at the forum from the United Conservative Party (UCP) and from the New Democratic Party (NDP).
The purpose of the forum is to give individuals with developmental disabilities and their families an opportunity to hear candidates respond to questions on five themes:
- Persons with Developmental Disabilities Program (PDD) and Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD): Access and funding.
- Inclusive education: Ensuring access and quality.
- Indigenous children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families: Access to culturally relevant supports and resources
- Expanding inclusive housing and ending institutionalization
- Improving income security and increasing employment opportunities
To submit a question on one of these themes, complete this form by 11:59pm on May 4th.
Sign language interpretation and closed captioning will be provided.
Following the forum, the recording will be posted on Inclusion Alberta’s YouTube channel.