Inclusion Alberta Youth Conference
Inclusion Alberta Youth presents the 2020 Youth Conference! This year’s theme is Global Inclusion: The Cross-Cultural Impact of Belonging.
Participants will walk away with a greater understanding of what inclusion looks like across different cultures and how they can facilitate meaningful connections with their peers and community during COVID-19 (and beyond)
Date: November 14th (10:00am – 2:00pm)
Age range: 16-22 (some exceptions apply, please contact us if you have someone in mind)
Who would be a good fit for the conference?
- Youth who would enjoy this event: youth interested in activism, leadership, social justice, equality/equity, human rights, siblings of youth with developmental disabilities, youth-aged FMS/FSCD workers, youth interested in making change, etc.
- $10 (+taxes and fees, standard ticket)
- general admission, grant, and individual support person ticket sales close on November 9th, 11:30pm
- grant tickets are available, though they are limited in quantity and subject to approval. Please contact us for more information.
- tickets include all workshops, materials, and lunch
- RSVPs/Tickets: Mandatory (tickets already only cover a small fraction of our costs, so we want to make sure we have an accurate headcount for ordering food, etc.)
- Indigenous perspective on inclusion
- Barriers and successes in introducing inclusion (Inclusion Cayman)
- Pakistani perspectives on inclusion
- How COVID-19 has affected the ability of youth with and without disabilities to form and maintain connections and the tools to make it happen