Exploring opportunities for creating meaningful employment (Grande Prairie FMS Series)
Exploring opportunities for creating meaningful employment
When: Saturday, March 2, 2024. 10am-3pm
Where: Centre 2000, Al Robertson Room (11330 106 St., Grande Prairie)
Employment plays a crucial role in most people’s lives, as it provides a sense of purpose, meaning, and income. In this event, we will discuss how families, networks, and support staff of the FMS or FSCD can work together to promote job opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities. We will offer practical advice on how to utilize the resources provided by FMS or FSCD to create employment prospects and ensure successful on-the-job support.
The session will cover:
- Tapping into a network for possibilities
- Approaching potential employers
- Creating employment possibilities based on the interests of the individual
- Strategies for families and staff to ensure success in the workplace
- Facilitating natural supports in the workplace
Families and FMS staff are encouraged to attend.
Lunch is provided.
Workshop Presenter: Madeline Ouellette – Provincial Director, Employment Initiatives